Hello, Sudzers! In January’s meeting, we met three new members, learned the history of Trappist Ales, presented the Homebrewer of the year award, and tasted thirteen delicious brews. Thanks to everyone who showed up!
- Welcome new members: Dan, Charlie, and Sharath!
- Derek collected membership dues. Dues must be paid each calendar year and can still be made to Derek via paypal at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Derek had shirts for sale: $5 for t-shirts and $10 for polos. What a deal!
- Robert gave a Dark Matter Brew Day recap. Approximately 30 gallons of the beer was brewed up in the Santa Cruz mountains. All paid 2019 members will get a bottle!
- We presented the Sudzer Homebrewer of the Year award to David Wilson. Congratulations, David, and we’re looking forward to more of your brews in 2020!
- Derek W. gave the CFO presentation. The presentation can be found at http://www.sudzers.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/2019-CFO-report.pptx
- David gave a presentation on the History of Trappist Ales. Check it out at http://www.sudzers.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/History-of-Trappist-Ales.pptx
- Cliff gave a rundown of the upcoming competitions: California State Fair (https://www.castatefair.org/HomeBrew/), America’s Finest City (https://quaff.org/AFC-2020/entry), NHC (https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/national-homebrew-competition/)
- Robert is looking for volunteers to give Sud Talks. These talks could be about your brewing system, some particular aspect of brewing, or anything else you think the group might find interesting. Email the list or email@example.com if you’re interested in presenting.
- Just a heads up, at February’s meeting, we will be discussing stouts in our Sud Style Talk, and in March we will be sampling the stouts that people have made. So, if you want to get a head start for March’s meeting, then get brewing!
- All shared recipes can be found at https://sites.google.com/a/cloudyforecast.com/brewme/home. If you’d like to have your recipe shared on the site, then please email it in any format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Full info can be found at http://www.sudzers.org/?page_id=2910
- For a list of all upcoming competitions, check out WoW’s awesome calendar: http://www.wortsofwisdom.org/calendar/upcoming-homebrewers-competitions/
In all, we had thirteen brews:
|Brewer||Beer Name||Beer Style||IBUs||ABV|
|Derek||Hive Mind||Honey Kolsch||25||6.1|
|Derek||Gosh Darn Beautiful Day||Pale Ale||35||5|
|Chet||Belgian Single||Belgian single||39||6.5|
|Cliff||belgian pale ale||Begian pale ae||35||5.9|
|David||Chai Spice Dunkelweisse||Chai Dunkelweisse||10||5.4|
|Evan and Sara||Tripel||Tripel||30||8|
|Evan and Sara||SB Grape Tripel||Tripel||30||8|
|Adam||Orange Blossom Dry Mead||0||14.3|
Thanks to Steins and everyone that showed up!