Hello, Sudzers! In August’s virtual meeting, we learned about a new brewery in town, Narrative Fermentations, got an update on several barrel projects, and shared six delicious homebrews. Thanks to everyone who showed up!
- Remember, membership dues need to be made every calendar year. If you haven’t paid yet, then you can make a payment of $25 to Derek via paypal at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Guest speaker Jon Berkland of Narrative Fermentations spoke about his experience going pro. Narrative Fermentations has taken over Santa Clara Valley Brewing’s old spot and is putting out some delicious beers. Check them out at your local bottle shop or order from them directly at https://narrativefermentations.com/. You won’t be disappointed!
- Cliff gave an update of several barrel projects going on. The first pull of the Solera has been bottled. Expect an email soon for how we’ll distribute those to people who contributed to the barrel.
- Several of our members got together to share beers with each other. During the meeting, each brewer talked about their beer and got feedback from the people they shared it with. Thanks to everyone who participated!
- All shared recipes can be found at https://sites.google.com/a/cloudyforecast.com/brewme/home. If you’d like to have your recipe shared on the site, then please email it in any format to email@example.com. Full info can be found at http://www.sudzers.org/?page_id=2910
- For a list of all upcoming competitions, check out WoW’s awesome calendar: http://www.wortsofwisdom.org/calendar/upcoming-homebrewers-competitions/
In all, we had six homebrews:
BREWER BEER IBUs ABV Marcos Orange Hibiscus Einkorn Belg Wit Braggot 12 4% Chet British golden ale 34 4.5% Chet English Strong Bitter 45 5.7% Derek W. Quarantine Independence Saison 30 6.5% Mike C. Rye IPA with Simcoe and Chinook 97 5.9% Cliff + Sudzers Seacliff Solera American Wild Ale - 5%