The Bay Area is heating up, so what better way to kick off Summer other than with a 17% barleywine? June’s meeting gave us seven delicious homebrews (including the aforementioned barleywine) and a chance to meet some new members of the beer community. Thanks to everyone who showed up, and see you next month!
– Lauren Cosby of Gordon Biersch joined us to discuss their recent homebrew competition and gave us the head’s up that we should be on the lookout for another one in the future. We’ll make sure to keep you posted. Thanks, Lauren, for joining us!
– Anil is organizing a study group for several BJCP exams taking place in November and December. This is a great opportunity to meet new people, study up on beer, refine your palate with an off-flavor tasting kit, and of course, drink some beer! Let Anil (email@example.com) know if you’re interested in joining.
– We’ll be pouring at NCHF’s Hoppy Hour this year. We need a volunteer to take charge of this event. If you’re interested, please contact Steve Hutzler (firstname.lastname@example.org).
– The Sudzers is teaming up with The Grain Trust to organize the Santa Clara County Fair homebrew competition. Please let Steve H. (email@example.com) know if you’re interested in judging.
– Derek has designed a Belgian-inspired t-shirt for this year’s NCHF. Paid members will get one as part of their dues!
– Sierra Nevada’s SF Beer Camp (http://www.beercamp.sierranevada.com/festivals/san-francisco/) is June 18th. Reach out to Tim T. if you’re interested in meeting up with other Sudzers.
– The California Craft Beer Summit is September 8-10. More info can be found at http://www.cacraftbeersummit.com/.
– Sudzers Thirsty Third Thursday will be June 16th at South Winchester BBQ in San Jose.
In all, we had seven brews:
BREWER BEER IBUs ABV David Schwarzbier ~21 4.2% David J White Ale 34 5.3% Jim Saison 35 7.5% Rob IPA 60 6% Tim Hearth of Darkness 40 10.24% Jim Pliny the Younger clone inf 11% Jared Barley Win 20 17%
Thanks to Steins and everyone that showed up. See you next month!