In June’s meeting, we welcomed three new members, held an Anchor Steam Clone/California Common competition containing eleven homebrews, and then tasted six more delicious brews. Thanks to everyone who showed up!
– Derek W. is accepting 2017 dues. Reach out to him at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to pay.
– We’re looking for volunteers to help organize and judge the Santa Clara County Fair Homebrew competition this Summer. Reach out to Steve H. at Stephen.Hutzler@power.com if you’d like to volunteer.
– Tim T. is organizing a public transit pubcrawl in San Francisco this Saturday, June 17th. See https://docs.google.com/document/d/14yxRF8Ioj7l3XOEKFfEcoiCNmLWbt_Kqe7wuJjO0c6g/edit?usp=sharing for more details.
– Jenn and Marc-Andrey are organizing a Berkeley-area pubcrawl on Saturday, July 8th. More details to follow.
– We had eleven brews entered into the Anchor Steam Clone/California Common competition. All of them were delicious, but the following stood out. Congratulations to all winners, and thank you, Mike from Anchor, for helping judge and giving us a history lesson on Anchor Brewing!
Anchor Steam Clone winners:
First place: Rich K. and Jim W.
Second place: Danny
Third place: Derek W. and Mikael
California Common winners:
First place: Jared
Second place: Steve H.
Third place: Tim T.
After the competition, we sampled six more beers, but unfortunately, the spreadsheet is gone, so the details of the brews are missing. However, thanks to the homebrewers who brought the Vienna Lager, Tripel, White IPA, Stout, Coffee Stout, and Mexican Stout.
Thanks to Steins and everyone that showed up!