In October’s meeting, we met some new members, did the off-flavor tasting of the month, and tasted thirteen delicious brews. Thanks to everyone who showed up!
– Congratulations to Marc-Andre and Jenn on their new addition to their family!
– Welcome new members Cliff and Mark!
– Derek W. handed out Polo shirts to all paid members
– Steve H. recapped another incredible NCHF. Did we actually have *too much* beer!? We’ll discuss this before next year’s event.
– Marc-Andre has volunteered to host this year’s Dark Matter Brew Day, which is tentatively set for November 11. More details to follow.
– Rich has volunteered to host this year’s Christmas Party, which is tentatively set for December 9. More details to follow.
– We’ll need volunteers to bring and/or serve beer for Stanford’s Beerfest on November 18. Danny will follow up with more details.
– Jim and Charles hosted the off-flavor of the month: acetic acid. Learn more about it at http://www.milkthefunk.com/wiki/Acetic_Acid
– Judges are needed for the Queen of Beer 2017 competition: http://queenofbeer.beer/
In all, we had thirteen brews:
BREWER BEER IBUs ABV Christy A. Anise Goose Gose 5 5.5% Marc-Andre Wheat n' Rye n' Stuff 22 5.3% Adam Jack Fruit Saison - 5.2% Cliff S. Saison/Mixed Ferment Ale 30 6.2% Marc-Andre La Rousse a Line Irish Red 20 5.5% Cliff S. Scottish Ale 20 5.5% Jay P. IPA (sort of) 66 ~6% Danny Cascade 666 IPA 66 6% Rich K. Bell's 2 Hearted Ale Clone 55 7.6% Mikael & Bill 150 Julius NZ IPA 85 6% Christy A. Coco NEIPA 60 8% Steve & Derek H. Bri's Fave Coconut/Nib/Van./Porter - 6.5% Derek W. Coconut Dark Matter 60+ 11.7%
Thanks to Steins, Cupertino and everyone that showed up!