Hello, Sudzers! Our next meeting will be held at 4:00pm this Sunday, February 11th at Steins Beer Garden in Mountain View.
895 Villa Street
Mountain View, CA 94041
As a reminder, club dues are collected on a calendar year basis. Becoming a paid member gets you a discount at MoreBeer in Los Altos, as well as access to the special members-only events we do through the year.
– Derek will be collecting dues. Please bring $25 or avoid the line by paying via paypal to firstname.lastname@example.org
– Shirts for sale: $15 for polos, $10 for t-shirts, $5 for clearance t-shirts
– Reminder: Steins 4th annual homebrew competition will be held in March. Info can be found at http://steinsbeergarden.com/mountainview/2018/01/12/homebrewcontest2018/
– New Committee chairs: BJCP Judge Certification (Mikael Hakansson), Homebrew Competitions (Cliff Sullivan), Homebrew Events (????)
Mikael’s update on BJCP Judge Cert plans
Cliff’s update on Homebrew Comp plans
– Brewery tours: Clandestine review, possible tours of Sante Adairius and Humble Sea in Santa Cruz
– Admiral Maltings Club Brew: plan for a date to visit Admiral for a tour of their malthouse and new tap room, plus bring beers made with their malt to share (likely March because of SF Beer Week)
– Sud Talk: Kevin Wolf’s Homebrew system
– March Sud Talk: Guest Gigayeast on how to propigate yeast
– Homebrew evaluations. Remember, bring your recipe – club members will have lots of questions! Sign in your beer along with your name and statistics (IBU, ABV, etc.). The info is optional, but helpful in determining tasting order.
See you Sunday!