Hello, Sudzers! In June’s meeting, we welcomed a new member, learned about temperature control, and tasted ten delicious brews. Thanks to everyone who showed up!
– Welcome Malcolm to his first meeting!
– Derek collected membership dues: You can still pay via paypal to email@example.com
– Derek sold shirts: $15 for polos, $10 for t-shirts, $5 for clearance t-shirts
– Derek distributed Dark Matter bottles to all paid 2017 members. For those members who have not claimed their bottles, please email Derek at firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements to pick up your bottles from his house in Redwood City by the end of the month. Any unclaimed bottles on July 1 will become the property of the club for further distribution or serving at club events.
– We discussed having a BBQ, brewday, and/or meeting in the Aptos/Santa Cruz area. Stay tuned for more info.
– We’re looking for volunteers for this year’s Dark Matter Brew Day and the Christmas Party. Please email me or the list if you’re interested in volunteering.
– Tickets for this year’s NCHF go on sale July 15th. See http://www.nchfinfo.org/ for more info.
– The AHA website (https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/events/santa-clara-county-fair-home-brew-competition/) is showing that the deadline for entering the homebrew comp is June 29th. Hopefully we can get more info out soon.
– Mikael gave a great presentation on temperature control. Check it out at http://www.sudzers.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/BeerTempCtrl-1.pdf
– We now have a recipe sharing site (https://sites.google.com/a/cloudyforecast.com/brewme/home). If you’d like to have your recipe shared on the site, then please email it in any format to email@example.com. Full info can be found at http://www.sudzers.org/?page_id=2910
– For a list of all upcoming competitions, check out WoW’s awesome calendar: http://www.wortsofwisdom.org/calendar/upcoming-homebrewers-competitions/
In all, we had ten brews:
BREWER BEER IBUs ABV Danny Kolsch 20 5.7% Robert C. Commercial Aspirations Pale Ale 26 6.8% Cliff Saison 26 5.8% Mikael Brett Saison 33 6.4% Cliff Admiral #5 Scottish Export 23 8% Tim Citra SMaSH 82.5 5.78% Charles Std IPA 80 6.5% Kevin Milky Way IPA 0? 7.2% Cliff Porter 25 5.6% Steve H. Dubbel ? 8.5%
Thanks to Steins and everyone that showed up!