Hello, Sudzers! In January’s meeting, we got introduced to some new members, congratulated our new Homebrewer of the Year Cliff Sullivan, discussed ideas for events in 2019, and tasted twelve delicious brews. Thanks to everyone who showed up!
– Welcome new members John, David, and Tim. We hope to see you all at future meetings!
– Derek collected membership dues. Dues must be paid each calendar year and can still be made to Derek via paypal at email@example.com
– Derek had shirts for sale: $5 for t-shirts and $10 for polos. What a deal!
– We presented the Sudzers Homebrewer of the Year award to Cliff Sullivan. Congratulations, Cliff!
– Officers for 2019 are: Robert Curlee (President), Chet Simocko (VP), Derek Wolfgram (Treasurer), Cliff Sullivan (Competition Chair), Mikael Hakansson (BJCP Chair), Adam Campbell (Communications)
– Mikael recapped the BJCP exam that took place last Saturday. In total, nine people took the exam. We’ll make sure to post any judging opportunities here so people can start earning some points!
– Derek presented the 2018 financial report. Details can be found at http://www.sudzers.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/2018-CFO-report.pptx
– We brainstormed some ideas for 2019: Battle of the Brews comp at Freewheel, hosting a homebrew comp at various locations, and brewery tours, were some of the things we came up with. If you have any other ideas, please email them to Robert (firstname.lastname@example.org)
– California State Fair Homebrew Comp registration is now open: http://www.castatefair.org/homebrew/
– The National Homebrew Competition’s registration is opening soon: https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/national-homebrew-competition/
– All shared recipes can be found at https://sites.google.com/a/cloudyforecast.com/brewme/home. If you’d like to have your recipe shared on the site, then please email it in any format to email@example.com. Full info can be found at http://www.sudzers.org/?page_id=2910
– For a list of all upcoming competitions, check out WoW’s awesome calendar: http://www.wortsofwisdom.org/calendar/upcoming-homebrewers-competitions/
In all, we had twelve brews:
BREWER BEER IBUs ABV Cliff Witbier 15 4.5% Steve & Derek H. First Try, Cream Ale 15 7% Kevin W. R, Bohemian Lager 40 4.6% Cliff Rye Pale Ale 35 5% Anil D. London Brown ~15 ~5% Derek W. Rare Boss, Belgian Amber w/ Spices 18 6.1% Mikael Gateway Saison 25 6.5% Mikael Horseplay Saison 32 7% Rick K. Resilience IPA 62 7.3% Adam Black Currant Dark Sour - 3.1% Bill P. Plum Wild Ale JK, Fruit Beer 0 5.8% Derek W. Cranberry Apple Cider 0 7%
Thanks to Steins and everyone that showed up!