Hello, Sudzers! In February’s meeting, we discussed some upcoming plans for a BJCP exam prep, learned about Stouts, and tasted ten delicious brews. Thanks to everyone who showed up!
- Remember, membership dues need to be made every calendar year. If you haven’t paid yet, then you can make a payment of $25 to Derek via paypal at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Robert gave an overview of SF Beer Week (https://sfbeerweek.org/schedule). If you plan on hitting up any events, feel free to email the list to see if any other Sudzers want to tag along.
- Evan and Sara gave a brief recap of the brew day at the Battle of the Homebrew Clubs at Freewheel. Good luck to them and Cliff, and thanks for representing the Sudzers!
- Mikael discussed the potential for another BJCP exam and exam prep. Robert will send out a signup sheet for people who are interested in participating.
- Adam gave a presentation on stouts: http://www.sudzers.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/Sudzers-Stout-Style-Presentation.pptx. If you plan on brewing a stout, or have already brewed a stout, then please bring it to March’s meeting.
- Bob C. gave an overview of his brewing project, Central Rail Brewing, and shared their Hefeweizen. They plan on brewing more beers this year, so keep an eye out for them!
- Robert is looking for volunteers to give Sud Talks. These talks could be about your brewing system, some particular aspect of brewing, or anything else you think the group might find interesting. Email the list or email@example.com if you’re interested in presenting.
- All shared recipes can be found at https://sites.google.com/a/cloudyforecast.com/brewme/home. If you’d like to have your recipe shared on the site, then please email it in any format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Full info can be found at http://www.sudzers.org/?page_id=2910
- For a list of all upcoming competitions, check out WoW’s awesome calendar: http://www.wortsofwisdom.org/calendar/upcoming-homebrewers-competitions/
In all, we had ten brews:
BREWER BEER IBUs ABV Bob Crum CRB Hefeweizen 12 4.6% Mikael Koln Kolsch 48 5% Robert C. WTF is it? Dortmunder/Kellerbier 20 7.5% Robert R. Pale Ale ~41 5% Danny. Hazy-ish IPA 70 6% Charlie I say Peacon Pecan Porter 39 6.6% Bill & Mikael Warp Dank NEIPA 61 6.8% Noah. So-Called JedIPA Double NEIPA 63 8.6% Tim T. Squid Ink Coffee Porter 35 5.8% Stephan Black IPA 50 7.3%
Thanks to Steins and everyone that showed up!