For our January 8th meeting, we discussed the club brew and Derek gave his treasurer’s report for 2022. Then we tasted eight great homebrews. Thanks to Stein’s and everyone who showed up.
– We welcomed new member Chris. Welcome to the club!
– Derek reported on the club’s finances for 2022.
– The club brew will be the following Bière de Noël recipe: https://sites.google.com/a/cloudyforecast.com/brewme/2021. Chris, Allen, and Robert R. will get together to brew it this January.
– The off flavor we tasted and discussed was oxidation. Thanks to Mikael for putting this together!
– Upcoming competitions: World Cup of Beer organized by the Bay Area Mashers (details at: https://www.worldcupofbeer.com/). Registration for the National Homebrew Competition will open January 24th. See https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/national-homebrew-competition/ for more details.
– An email will go out for members to vote for the 2022 Homebrewer of the Year.
– The next style for the club to try brewing will be hoppy lagers. If you would like to take a shot at brewing one, aim for having it ready for the March meeting,
– The beers we tasted:
|Brewer||Beer Name||Beer Style||IBUs||ABV||Brewer Notes|
|Derek W||Plan Bee Honey Kolsch #4||Kolsch||20||5.9||Changed water profile from batch 3 to decrease sulfate/chloride ratio|
|Charles S||Taras Boulba (clone)||Saison||45||7|
|Robert R||Black IPA||67||7|
|Kevin S||Black Hole Sun||Cascadia Dark Ale||82||7.5|
|Mikael||Black IPA||Well, black IPA||100||7|
|Derek W||Biere de Noel||Biere de Garde||30||10||Robert R’s recipe|
|Allen||Mogarambo 2021||Russian Imperial Stout||95||9.8||Kona Coffee and THCO Cacao nibs 2yr aged|
|Tim Topole||Smoke||Smoked Porter||60||11|
– Remember, membership dues need to be made every calendar year. If you haven’t paid yet, then you can make a payment of $25 to Derek via paypal at firstname.lastname@example.org
– If you haven’t already, please join our Discord server at https://discord.gg/mBQ7smguu7. All official communication (meeting information, event information, etc.) will continue to go through the mailing list, but Discord provides us a convenient way to have smaller, quicker conversations, so we encourage you to join.
– All shared recipes can be found at https://sites.google.com/a/cloudyforecast.com/brewme/home. If you’d like to have your recipe shared on the site, then please email it in any format to email@example.com. Full info can be found at http://www.sudzers.org/?page_id=2910
– For a list of all upcoming competitions, check out the Worts of Wisdoms’ calendar: http://www.wortsofwisdom.org/calendar/upcoming-homebrewers-competitions/