Great to see everyone at our June meeting! We had 24 attendees for last Friday’s meeting.
· Happy birthday to Nick!
· Welcome new Sudzers member Marcus!
· Bus Trip Preparations – tickets are still available! Visit http://
· Thirsty Thursday – June 21 – Harry’s Hofbrau, unless something more interesting comes up!
· July Meeting – moved to July 13 due to the July 4th holiday. Style will be IPA, so we should have a small turnout! 😉
Next on the Agenda was the first annual British Beer Competition. We had 7 entries!
The judging criteria (not BJCP) was based on :
· 4.5% alcohol by volume or less (low alcohol not low taste)
· flavorful enough to be interesting
· balanced enough for multiple pints
· conducive to conversation
The winners, in reverse order were:
7 – Santiago – spring brew day what if summer ale
6 – Bobby – Sam smith oatmeal stout clone
5 – Derek – pecan nut brown
4 – Raghu #1 – small English brown ale
3 – Charles – arrogant bastard style
2 – Raghu #2, English session ale
1 – Keith, ESB
Congratulations Keith! And thanks to all the brewers who participated. Start thinking about what you can do next year!
Home brew presentation (not entered in the British Beer Cup):
Vern – IPA with toasted oatmeal and barley
Hope you all had a great time! See you July 13 with tales of great beers from NHC in Seattle!