Hello, Sudzers! In June’s meeting, we met some new members, learned all about hops, and tasted seven delicious brews. Thanks to everyone who showed up!
- Welcome new member, Noah, Xabriel, and Luisa!
- Derek collected membership dues. Dues must be paid each calendar year and can still be made to Derek via paypal at email@example.com
- Derek had shirts for sale: $5 for t-shirts and $10 for polos. What a deal!
- Derek distributed Dark Matter bottles to all paid 2018 members.
- Derek discussed ideas for a new Sudzer shirt. If you’re interested in designing it, please email Derek at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Last month, Mikael gave a talk about Kolsch. If you brewed one, please bring it to July’s meeting.
- Cliff still needs 5-10 gallons for the wild-ale Solera project. If you’re interested in participating, please email Cliff (email@example.com) soon, as he needs your beer ASAP.
- The Northern California Homebrewers Festival (http://www.nchfinfo.org/) is coming up September 20-22. We’ll send out a message when we learn more about when tickets go on sale.
- David F. gave a great talk on “Hops: Basic Favor Descriptors and Understanding IBUs”. Check out the presentation at https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1PXm0gd1ED-BFbRsWz7qCY4trFELIPD0UEGDhA50Zm20/edit?usp=sharing
- All shared recipes can be found at https://sites.google.com/a/cloudyforecast.com/brewme/home. If you’d like to have your recipe shared on the site, then please email it in any format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Full info can be found at http://www.sudzers.org/?page_id=2910
- For a list of all upcoming competitions, check out WoW’s awesome calendar: http://www.wortsofwisdom.org/calendar/upcoming-homebrewers-competitions/
In all, we had seven brews:
BREWER BEER IBUs ABV Xabriel No name Munich Dunkel 21 3.7% Kevin Little London Brown 21 4.2% Derek W. 1826 Berliner Braun Bitterbier 60 5% Mikael & Bill BUD on Warp Milkshake IPA 35 6.5% Kevin Beermosa Premix NEIPA 57 6.3% Stephan Melon Man V2 NEIPA ?? 6% Noah' Pliny the Elderberry W Coast IPA ~75 8%
Thanks to Steins and everyone that showed up!