Hello, Sudzers! In July’s virtual meeting, we met a new member, learned about Imperial Yeast, and shared seven delicious homebrews. Thanks to everyone who showed up!
- Welcome new member, Tim. Hope to see you at future meetings!
- Remember, membership dues need to be made every calendar year. If you haven’t paid yet, then you can make a payment of $25 to Derek via paypal at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nina Houts from Imperial Yeast joined us to discuss best practices for yeast management and QC tests that can be performed at home. Thank you, Nina! We look forward to working with you in the future. We’ll get the presentation to the mailing list once we receive it.
- Mike C will gave an update on a Wine Barrel Saison project several club members are working on. Check out the presentation at https://drive.google.com/file/d/17B8LHZZwCy9axD4ifcZrq2HQRaWFiWAy/view
- Several of our members got together to share beers with each other. During the meeting, each brewer talked about their beer and got feedback from the people they shared it with. Thanks to everyone who participated!
- All shared recipes can be found at https://sites.google.com/a/cloudyforecast.com/brewme/home. If you’d like to have your recipe shared on the site, then please email it in any format to email@example.com. Full info can be found at http://www.sudzers.org/?page_id=2910
- For a list of all upcoming competitions, check out WoW’s awesome calendar: http://www.wortsofwisdom.org/calendar/upcoming-homebrewers-competitions/
In all, we had seven homebrews:
BREWER BEER IBUs ABV Tim C. Hop Glow Light Hop Bright Ale 22 6.2% Robert R. Pale Ale 44 5.0% Mikael Dry Saison, dried with ultraferm 32 5.8% Tim K. Saison with Kumquats 10 9.7% Tim C. McMalty German Double Bock 35 5.8% Tim C. Black Bullet Whisky Barrel Aged Stout 56 6.8% Derek W. Plum Barleywine 60+ 8.4%