Hello, Sudzers! In February’s meeting, we discussed several ideas for events in 2021, talked about automated brewing systems, and tasted seven delicious brews. Thanks to everyone who showed up!
– Remember, membership dues need to be made every calendar year. If you haven’t paid yet, then you can make a payment of $25 to Derek via paypal at email@example.com
– Robert discussed several ideas for events: fund raisers, a swap meet, demo brew day, hosting a competition, organizing a Southbay homebrew festival, … Please let us know if you’re interested in organizing any of these events or any other event.
– Just a reminder, registration for the National Homebrew Competition 2021 closes March 3rd: https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/national-homebrew-competition/
– Please e-mail Chet if you’re interested in joining the monthly Brewing Journal Club where we discuss several brewing-related academic papers.
– Thanks to Chris Miller for leading a discussion on automated brewing systems. You can see his original setup at http://www.ibrewbeer.com/
– If you haven’t already, please join our Discord server at (info sent to mailing list). All official communication (meeting information, event information, etc.) will continue to go through the mailing list, but Discord provides us a convenient way to have smaller, quicker conversations, so we encourage you to join.
– Several of our members got together to share beers with each other. During the meeting, each brewer talked about their beer and got feedback from the people they shared it with. Thanks to everyone who participated!
– All shared recipes can be found at https://sites.google.com/a/cloudyforecast.com/brewme/home. If you’d like to have your recipe shared on the site, then please email it in any format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Full info can be found at http://www.sudzers.org/?page_id=2910
– For a list of all upcoming competitions, check out WoW’s awesome calendar: http://www.wortsofwisdom.org/calendar/upcoming-homebrewers-competitions/
In all, we had seven homebrews:
BREWER BEER IBUs ABV Marcos Mountain Goat Brown Ale 27 5.5% Chet Strata SMASH Pale Ale 38 6.2% Robert C. Oat IPA Cashmere Rahr Old World Pils 44 7.2% Robert C. Oat IPA Cashmere Rahr Pale Ale 44 6.5% Tim K. Be Mine Lupomax 49 7.7% Mikael Strata IPA 70 7.0% Marcos Flagship Double Red Strong Ale 65 8.0%