Hello, Sudzers! In March’s meeting, we welcomed a new member, discussed several ideas for a new type of Club Brew in 2021, saw several people go through their brewing setups, and tasted five delicious brews. Thanks to everyone who showed up!
– Welcome new member, Kevin P.!
– Remember, membership dues need to be made every calendar year. If you haven’t paid yet, then you can make a payment of $25 to Derek via paypal at email@example.com
– Derek and Robert discussed distribution of Dark Matter to paid 2020 members. Details have been posted to the mailing list and Derek will be sending out reminders.
– Speaking of Dark Matter, we discussed ideas around having a different club brew this year. Robert will send out full details.
– Derek has been in contact with the organizers of the Santa Clara County Fair, and we may be able to revive the Homebrew Competition. Please email Derek if you’re interested in helping to organize.
– Thanks to Robert, Mike C., Rich, Stephan, Marcos, Chet, and Mikael for showing off their homebrew setups. This was a great discussion, and I think we all learned a lot and got some new ideas for how to improve our own systems.
– Several of our members got together to share beers with each other. During the meeting, each brewer talked about their beer and got feedback from the people they shared it with. Thanks to everyone who participated!
– You should’ve received an email from John Moorhead if you entered the National Homebrew Competition. Please check it out if you haven’t already as competition entries are due to Louisville, Colo., between March 29 and April 9.
– If you haven’t already, please join our Discord server at https://discord.gg/mBQ7smguu7. All official communication (meeting information, event information, etc.) will continue to go through the mailing list, but Discord provides us a convenient way to have smaller, quicker conversations, so we encourage you to join.
– All shared recipes can be found at https://sites.google.com/a/cloudyforecast.com/brewme/home. If you’d like to have your recipe shared on the site, then please email it in any format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Full info can be found at http://www.sudzers.org/?page_id=2910
– For a list of all upcoming competitions, check out WoW’s awesome calendar: http://www.wortsofwisdom.org/calendar/upcoming-homebrewers-competitions/
In all, we had seven homebrews:
BREWER BEER IBUs ABV Robert C. Lemon Drop Liberty Maibock 26 7.6% Robert C. Liberty Maibock 32 7.6% Tim K. Grapefruit Bits Pale Ale 45 4.8% Marcos S. Emperor 2020 Flanders Red 9 5.7% Marcos S. Vanilla American Porter 38 5.5%