Hello, Sudzers! In April’s meeting, we discussed ideas for this year’s National Big Brew Day, had an awesome discussion with Jeff Mello of Bootleg Biology, and tasted five delicious brews. Thanks to everyone who showed up!
– Remember, membership dues need to be made every calendar year. If you haven’t paid yet, then you can make a payment of $25 to Derek via paypal at email@example.com
– Big Brew Day (https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/aha-events/national-homebrew-day/) is May 1st. Like last year, we’ll be hosting a virtual brew day. Hope to see everyone there!
– Just a reminder that we’ll be holding a mini competition to figure out what beer we’ll be replacing Dark Matter with this year. Robert will send an email with more info.
– Jeff Mello from Bootleg Biology (https://bootlegbiology.com/) led a great discussion on the history of Bootleg Biology, yeast blending, new trends in yeast, etc. A huge Thank You to him, and make sure to check them out if you haven’t already.
– Several of our members got together to share beers with each other. During the meeting, each brewer talked about their beer and got feedback from the people they shared it with. Thanks to everyone who participated!
– If you haven’t already, please join our Discord server at https://discord.gg/mBQ7smguu7. All official communication (meeting information, event information, etc.) will continue to go through the mailing list, but Discord provides us a convenient way to have smaller, quicker conversations, so we encourage you to join.
– All shared recipes can be found at https://sites.google.com/a/cloudyforecast.com/brewme/home. If you’d like to have your recipe shared on the site, then please email it in any format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Full info can be found at http://www.sudzers.org/?page_id=2910
– For a list of all upcoming competitions, check out WoW’s awesome calendar: http://www.wortsofwisdom.org/calendar/upcoming-homebrewers-competitions/
In all, we had five homebrews:
BREWER BEER IBUs ABV Chet Fresh Hop Hellesish 43 6.2% Thom Scottish Sparkling Ale 45 8.1% Kevin P. The DTs Belgian Golden Strong 27 8.5% Robert R. English Porter 30 4.9% Chet Simocko Solera Batch 2 12.8 7.7%