Hello, Sudzers! In May’s meeting, Seth Klann of Mecca Grade Estate Malt led a great discussion on malting, we discussed ideas for meeting in person again, and we tasted six delicious brews. Thanks to everyone who showed up!
– A huge thank you to Seth Klann of Mecca Grade Estate Malt for teaching us about malting and answering all of our questions. Make sure to check them out at https://www.meccagrade.com/
– We recapped this year’s AHA Big Brew day. Thanks to everyone who participated!
– Robert discussed how we’ll do the selection for the next club brew. Depending on how things go, we might try to do this at the next in-person meeting. Details will be sent to the mailing list.
– We’re looking in to how we can safely meet in person again. Feel free to share any ideas on the mailing list about where and how we can meet.
– Homebrew Comps are coming back. Robert will send out a summary of upcoming events.
– NCHF is cancelled this year, but people may get together for an informal NCHF get together. We’ll most likely set up a Discord channel to discuss this.
– Several of our members got together to share beers with each other. During the meeting, each brewer talked about their beer and got feedback from the people they shared it with. Thanks to everyone who participated!
– Remember, membership dues need to be made every calendar year. If you haven’t paid yet, then you can make a payment of $25 to Derek via paypal at email@example.com
– If you haven’t already, please join our Discord server at https://discord.gg/mBQ7smguu7. All official communication (meeting information, event information, etc.) will continue to go through the mailing list, but Discord provides us a convenient way to have smaller, quicker conversations, so we encourage you to join.
– All shared recipes can be found at https://sites.google.com/a/cloudyforecast.com/brewme/home. If you’d like to have your recipe shared on the site, then please email it in any format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Full info can be found at http://www.sudzers.org/?page_id=2910
– For a list of all upcoming competitions, check out WoW’s awesome calendar: http://www.wortsofwisdom.org/calendar/upcoming-homebrewers-competitions/
In all, we had six homebrews:
BREWER BEER IBUs ABV Derek W. Burgeoning Tasty Pale Ale 30 5.2% Tim T. Hoppy Slam West Coast IPA 103 7.2% Tim K. Pineapple Rain Double IPA 49 8.0% Adam C. Stout w/ Barrel-Aged Malt - 7.9% Robert C. Profiterale Cherry Tiramisu Pastry Stout 36 8.8% Robert C. " Rasp Choc Toasted M.mallow Pastry Stout 36 8.8%