Hello, Sudzers! In August’s meeting, Kaleb Schwecke of Yakima Valley Hops led a great discussion on hops, we recapped the Santa Clara County Fair Comp, and we tasted nine delicious brews. Thanks to everyone who showed up at Steins and virtually!
– Kaleb Schwecke, Chief Marketing Officer from Yakima Valley Hops, joined us to talk all about hops and took the time to answer all of our questions. It was extremely informative, and thanks for educating all of us!
– Just a reminder that the BJCP exam is on August 14, at 10am at Steins.
– Derek gave a recap of the Santa Clara County Fair homebrew competition. We had 28 entries and nearly as many judges. Congratulations to all the Sudzers that took home ribbons!
– Just a reminder that some of us will be heading up to Lake Francis for the Non-NCHF in September. Robert set up a Discord Channel for us to coordinate.
– Remember, membership dues need to be made every calendar year. If you haven’t paid yet, then you can make a payment of $25 to Derek via paypal at firstname.lastname@example.org
– If you haven’t already, please join our Discord server at https://discord.gg/mBQ7smguu7. All official communication (meeting information, event information, etc.) will continue to go through the mailing list, but Discord provides us a convenient way to have smaller, quicker conversations, so we encourage you to join.
– All shared recipes can be found at https://sites.google.com/a/cloudyforecast.com/brewme/home. If you’d like to have your recipe shared on the site, then please email it in any format to email@example.com. Full info can be found at http://www.sudzers.org/?page_id=2910
– For a list of all upcoming competitions, check out WoW’s awesome calendar: http://www.wortsofwisdom.org/calendar/upcoming-homebrewers-competitions/
In all, we had nine homebrews:
BREWER BEER IBUs ABV Mike C. Helles 17 5.3% Andrew K. Slam Dunkel German Dunkel 17.2 5.2% Robert R. Hop Particles Pale Ale 40-42 5.4% Derek W. No Cocount This Time Robust Porter 30 5.5% Adam C. Stout made with barrel-aged malt - 7.9% Chet S. Solera Batch 1 American Sour ? 6% Chet S. Solera Batch 2 American Sour ? 6% Noah M. Meadochloridan - vanilla mead 0 16% Noah M. Meadochloridan - raspberry mead 0 16%
Thanks to Steins and everyone who showed up!