Hello, Sudzers! In September’s meeting, we met some new members, discussed this year’s club brew, and tasted nine delicious brews. Thanks to everyone who showed up!
– We welcomed several new members, Alex and Toai. Welcome to the club!
– Robert researched upcoming competitions and will upload the details to the website’s calendar.
– Mikael recapped the recent BJCP exam. Results should be available in a few months.
– We mentioned a few months ago that we’ll be doing something new for this year’s club brew. We traditionally brew Dark Matter, but this year, we’ll be holding a comp, and the winning beer’s recipe will be the club’s brew for this year. The competition will be held in November’s meeting, so if you’re interested, then please bring your beer to that meeting.
– Remember, membership dues need to be made every calendar year. If you haven’t paid yet, then you can make a payment of $25 to Derek via paypal at firstname.lastname@example.org
– All shared recipes can be found at https://sites.google.com/a/cloudyforecast.com/brewme/home. If you’d like to have your recipe shared on the site, then please email it in any format to email@example.com. Full info can be found at http://www.sudzers.org/?page_id=2910
– For a list of all upcoming competitions, check out WoW’s awesome calendar: http://www.wortsofwisdom.org/calendar/upcoming-homebrewers-competitions/
In all, we had nine homebrews:
BREWER BEER IBUs ABV Derek W. MEX-KWG Mexican Lager 20 5.2% Andrew K. Cucumber Pilsner 35 5.1% Kevin W. Let us never speak of it again Saison 5 7.74% Alex Mosaic Pale Ale 20 5.6% Mikael Garden Fresh APA 60 5.5% Chris K. Lightbringer! Hazy IPA - 6.66% Charles XX Bitter Some Kinda Belgian 76 6.7% Robert R. Bier de Noel 26 8.2% Kevin W. Noche milkshake Pastry Stout 78 10.3%