For our April meeting, Lance Shaner, owner of Omega Yeast, joined us via Zoom. He discussed Omega Yeast’s history, operations, and their kveik, hybrid and bioengineered strains. In addition, Derek gave his treasurer’s report for 2021. And, last but not least, we tasted five great homebrews. Thanks to Stein’s and everyone who showed up!
– We’re still looking for volunteers to take over as club President, Vice President, and Competition Guru. Please let me or any other current officer know if you’re interested in any of these positions.
– Our next club brew will be Robert R.’s Biere de Noel. Three of us have volunteered to brew it.
– Remember, membership dues need to be made every calendar year. If you haven’t paid yet, then you can make a payment of $25 to Derek via paypal at firstname.lastname@example.org
– If you haven’t already, please join our Discord server at https://discord.gg/mBQ7smguu7. All official communication (meeting information, event information, etc.) will continue to go through the mailing list, but Discord provides us a convenient way to have smaller, quicker conversations, so we encourage you to join.
– All shared recipes can be found at https://sites.google.com/a/cloudyforecast.com/brewme/home. If you’d like to have your recipe shared on the site, then please email it in any format to email@example.com. Full info can be found at http://www.sudzers.org/?page_id=2910
– For a list of all upcoming competitions, check out the Worts of Wisdoms’ calendar: http://www.wortsofwisdom.org/calendar/upcoming-homebrewers-competitions/
The five brews we had:
|Robert R.||Altbier (7b)||38||5.8%|
|Charlie T.||Uncommon Common||California Common (19B)||43||5.6%|
|Sebastian||Bière de Garde Brune||25||7.1|