For our July meeting, Derek gave an update on the Santa Clara County Fair Homebrew Competition. We also briefly discussed the upcoming NCHF. And, last but not least, we tasted five great homebrews. Thanks to Stein’s and everyone who showed up!
– We got an update on the Annual Santa Clara County Fair Homebrew Competition which is being hosted by the Sudzers and the Grain Trust. The deadline to fill out the online entry form is this Monday. There was a glitch with the form earlier that told people that they had missed the deadline but that has now been fixed. If you’re interested in entering the competition, details and the registration link are at: https://bit.ly/3ON3VxH.
– We also discussed the upcoming Northern California Homebrewers Festival (https://nchfinfo.org/). This year’s NCHF will be September 16-17 in Dobbins. This is an annual festival that brings together hundreds of homebrewers and their homebrews. Further discussions for organizing our participation in the festival will happen on Discord.
– We’re still looking for volunteers to take over as club President, Vice President, and Competition Guru. Please let me or any other current officer know if you’re interested in any of these positions.
– Remember, membership dues need to be made every calendar year. If you haven’t paid yet, then you can make a payment of $25 to Derek via paypal at firstname.lastname@example.org
– If you haven’t already, please join our Discord server at https://discord.gg/mBQ7smguu7. All official communication (meeting information, event information, etc.) will continue to go through the mailing list, but Discord provides us a convenient way to have smaller, quicker conversations, so we encourage you to join.
– All shared recipes can be found at https://sites.google.com/a/cloudyforecast.com/brewme/home. If you’d like to have your recipe shared on the site, then please email it in any format to email@example.com. Full info can be found at http://www.sudzers.org/?page_id=2910
– For a list of all upcoming competitions, check out the Worts of Wisdoms’ calendar: http://www.wortsofwisdom.org/calendar/upcoming-homebrewers-competitions/
The five brews we had:
|Brewer||Beer Name||Beer Style||IBUs||ABV|
|Alex||Kade’s Oopsie||Pale Ale||27||6.1|
|Robert R.||American Pale Ale||42||6%|
|Derek W||Rubus||Raspberry Sour||13||4.50%|
|Tim K||Sourvise Loquat||Sour|