For our September 11 meeting, we discussed the upcoming NCHF and Robert Curlee gave a presentation on his brewing setup. Then we tasted six great homebrews. Thanks to Stein’s and everyone who showed up!
– We discussed the upcoming Northern California Homebrewers Festival (more info at: https://nchfinfo.org/). This year’s NCHF will be September 16-17 in Dobbins. This is an annual festival that brings together hundreds of homebrewers and their homebrews. The Sudzers will have a booth at the festival. If you’re going, it would be good to bring your own CO2. Also good to bring are picnic taps. If you are planning on attending NCHF, please fill out the following form to let us know the details on what you’re planning on bringing. https://forms.gle/LrZfHvUsAmfjdSTx6.
– Club president Robert Curlee gave a presentation on his brewing setup.
– The off flavor of the month that we sampled and discussed as DMS (Dimethyl sulfide). Thanks to Mikael for putting this together!
– We are looking for a place to hold the Sudzers’ annual end of the year party. Let us know if you know of a location.
– We also discussed having more presentations on people’s brewing setups and on beer styles members are knowledgeable about. Next month, Stephan will cover Black IPAs.
The beers we tasted:
|Brewer||Beer Name||Beer Style||IBUs||ABV|
|Mikael||Keller Bier||German Keller Bier||41||5.2|
|Stephan||BRU-1 / Citra Test||Hazy IPA||6.3|
|Robert R.||Silverfish saison||Saison (super & pale)||26||8.5|
– Remember, membership dues need to be made every calendar year. If you haven’t paid yet, then you can make a payment of $25 to Derek via paypal at firstname.lastname@example.org
– If you haven’t already, please join our Discord server at https://discord.gg/mBQ7smguu7. All official communication (meeting information, event information, etc.) will continue to go through the mailing list, but Discord provides us a convenient way to have smaller, quicker conversations, so we encourage you to join.
– All shared recipes can be found at https://sites.google.com/a/cloudyforecast.com/brewme/home. If you’d like to have your recipe shared on the site, then please email it in any format to email@example.com. Full info can be found at http://www.sudzers.org/?page_id=2910
– For a list of all upcoming competitions, check out the Worts of Wisdoms’ calendar: http://www.wortsofwisdom.org/calendar/upcoming-homebrewers-competitions/