For our February 19th meeting, we discussed the club brew. Then we tasted eight great homebrews. Thanks to Stein’s and everyone who showed up.
– We welcomed new members Chris, Peter, and George. Welcome to the club!
– The club brew was brewed January 29 using the following Bière de Noël recipe: https://sites.google.com/a/cloudyforecast.com/brewme/2021. Chris, Natan, George, Allen, and Robert brewed up 15 gallons at Allen and Ann Marie’s house. Thanks to everyone who has participated! The plan is to cold crash and carbonate the beer next weekend and then package it a week after that. More details will be available on Discord in the Events channel
– The off flavor we tasted and discussed was diacetyl. Thanks to Mikael for putting this together!
– Steins is planning on a homebrew competition and has asked the Sudzers to help with organizing it. The details are still being worked on, but it looks like it will be on the weekend of March 18/19.
– Upcoming competitions: World Cup of Beer organized by the Bay Area Mashers (details at: https://www.worldcupofbeer.com/). Registration for entries and judges/stewards is now open.
– The beers we tasted:
|Brewer||Beer Name||Beer Style||IBUs||ABV||Brewer Notes|
|Chris||Scotch Ale||7||Malty, a little sweet. Wee heavy but a little lighter alcohol|
|Kevin S||hoppy pils||IPL?||50||5.5|
|Kevin S||hoppy pils- DH||IPL?||50||5.5||same, but one has dry hop addition|
|Allen M||Manny Lager||Imperial IPL||63||8.6||Essentially brewed an Imperial IPA with Lager Yeast|
|Kevin s||Hazy IPA V2||Hazy IPA||57||6.8||2nd batch with Helio Glazer yeast|
– Remember, membership dues need to be made every calendar year. If you haven’t paid yet, then you can make a payment of $25 to Derek via paypal at email@example.com
– If you haven’t already, please join our Discord server at https://discord.gg/mBQ7smguu7. All official communication (meeting information, event information, etc.) will continue to go through the mailing list, but Discord provides us a convenient way to have smaller, quicker conversations, so we encourage you to join.
– All shared recipes can be found at https://sites.google.com/a/cloudyforecast.com/brewme/home. If you’d like to have your recipe shared on the site, then please email it in any format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Full info can be found at http://www.sudzers.org/?page_id=2910
– For a list of all upcoming competitions, check out the Worts of Wisdoms’ calendar: http://www.wortsofwisdom.org/calendar/upcoming-homebrewers-competitions/