For our April 16th meeting, we discussed this year’s Homebrew Con and the next beer style to be presented. Then we tasted five great homebrews. Thanks to Stein’s and everyone who showed up.
– Ed dropped off some brewing equipment he no longer uses. At the moment Kevin has it. We will send out a list so that members can claim any of the equipment they would like.
– Homebrew Con will be June 22-24 in San Diego. The discussion was rather short, since no one present at the meeting is planning on attending. However, if anyone is planning on going, they can use the Event channel on Discord to coordinate activities with other members who will be in San Diego.
– For the next beer style, Sebastian offered to give a presentation on kettle sours (tentatively in June).
– The beers we tasted:
|Brewer||Beer Name||Beer Style||IBUs||ABV||Brewer Notes|
|Sebastian||German Helles Exportbier||25||5.3|
|Peter||St Pattys||Golden ale||30||4|
|Chris||SMASH Pale ale||Clone of Alvarado “Mai Tai”|
|Stephan||Oops All CaraRed||Red Pale Ale||56||6.3|
|Stephan||Murphy’s Law||Hazy IPA||??||6.4|
– Remember, membership dues need to be made every calendar year. If you haven’t paid yet, then you can make a payment of $25 to Derek via paypal at email@example.com
– If you haven’t already, please join our Discord server at https://discord.gg/mBQ7smguu7. All official communication (meeting information, event information, etc.) will continue to go through the mailing list, but Discord provides us a convenient way to have smaller, quicker conversations, so we encourage you to join.
– All shared recipes can be found at https://sites.google.com/a/cloudyforecast.com/brewme/home. If you’d like to have your recipe shared on the site, then please email it in any format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Full info can be found at http://www.sudzers.org/?page_id=2910
– For a list of all upcoming competitions, check out the Worts of Wisdoms’ calendar: http://www.wortsofwisdom.org/calendar/upcoming-homebrewers-competitions/