For our June meeting, we discussed this year’s Santa Clara County Homebrew Competition. Then we tasted some homebrew. Thanks to Stein’s and everyone who showed up.
– The 7th Annual Santa Clara Homebrew Competition will be held July 22. The Sudzers are co-organizing with the Grain Trust. For those interested in judging or stewarding, fill out the questionnaire at https://forms.gle/rE9GPWEL97Yjyztz5 by June 16, 2023. For those who would like to enter the competition, details and the registration link are available at:
https://bit.ly/418d60R. Registration deadline is June 28.
– The off flavor of the month was benzaldehyde which gives beer an almond smell/flavor. Thanks to Mikael for putting this together.
– We discussed possible presentations on beer styles. Sebastian will give a presentation on kettle sours at the July meeting
– The beer we tasted was Allen’s Russian imperial coffee stout made with medium roast coffee and hazelnuts (7.8% ABV)
– Remember, membership dues need to be made every calendar year. If you haven’t paid yet, then you can make a payment of $25 to Derek via paypal at email@example.com
– If you haven’t already, please join our Discord server at https://discord.gg/mBQ7smguu7. All official communication (meeting information, event information, etc.) will continue to go through the mailing list, but Discord provides us a convenient way to have smaller, quicker conversations, so we encourage you to join.
– All shared recipes can be found at https://sites.google.com/a/cloudyforecast.com/brewme/home. If you’d like to have your recipe shared on the site, then please email it in any format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Full info can be found at http://www.sudzers.org/?page_id=2910
– For a list of all upcoming competitions, check out the Worts of Wisdoms’ calendar: http://www.wortsofwisdom.org/calendar/upcoming-homebrewers-competitions/