For our July meeting, we discussed this year’s Santa Clara County Homebrew Competition and NCHF. Then we tasted a couple of homebrews. Thanks to Stein’s and everyone who showed up.
– The 7th Annual Santa Clara Homebrew Competition will be held July 22. The Sudzers are co-organizing with the Grain Trust. The competition is now closed to registering new entries. People can drop off their entries at the Country Fair Grounds on July 15 and 16. They can also be dropped off at More Beer in Los Altos and Beer and Wine Makers of America in San Jose by July 14 See the following for more details: https://thefair.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Home-Brew-Competition-2023-Final.pdf
– The presentation on kettle sours was postponed until the August meeting.
– Tickets for this year’s Northern California Hombrewers Festival go on sale July 16. NCHF will be held September 15 and 16, 2023.
– The beers we tasted:
|Brewer||Beer Name||Beer Style||IBUs||ABV||Brewer Notes|
|Allen||Hazy Shade of Tahoe||NE IPA||35||7.20%||Dry hopped during fermentation|
– Remember, membership dues need to be made every calendar year. If you haven’t paid yet, then you can make a payment of $25 to Derek via paypal at email@example.com
– If you haven’t already, please join our Discord server at https://discord.gg/mBQ7smguu7. All official communication (meeting information, event information, etc.) will continue to go through the mailing list, but Discord provides us a convenient way to have smaller, quicker conversations, so we encourage you to join.
– All shared recipes can be found at https://sites.google.com/a/cloudyforecast.com/brewme/home. If you’d like to have your recipe shared on the site, then please email it in any format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Full info can be found at http://www.sudzers.org/?page_id=2910
– For a list of all upcoming competitions, check out the Worts of Wisdoms’ calendar: http://www.wortsofwisdom.org/calendar/upcoming-homebrewers-competitions/