In August’s meeting, we distributed the 2016 Sudzer t-shirts, tasted sixteen delicious homebrews, and met a new member of the Sudzer community. Thanks to everyone who showed up, and see you next month!
– Derek distributed t-shirts to all paid 2016 Sudzers club members that signed up on the Google spreadsheet.
– Dark Matter brew day. David F. has volunteered to host this year on Saturday, October 29th! More info will be announced later.
– Anil is organizing a study group for several BJCP exams taking place in November and December. This is a great opportunity to meet new people, study up on beer, refine your palate with an off-flavor tasting kit, and of course, drink some beer! Let Anil (firstname.lastname@example.org) know if you’re interested in joining.
– We’ll be pouring at NCHF’s Hoppy Hour this year. It’s recommended that we have eight kegs at the event, and we will use September’s meeting to give those beers a try. If you’re interested in volunteering to organize Hoppy Hour (set up kegs, etc.), please contact Steve Hutzler (email@example.com).
– Please e-mail Derek Wolfgram (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you’re attending NCHF and haven’t yet received access to the Google spreadsheet for keeping track of what beer, food, etc. you’re bringing.
– During October’s meeting, we plan on having a tasting for the beers made using Gigayeast’s experimental yeast that was handed out a few months ago.
– Tim has proposed and will be organizing a public-transit pub-crawl in San Francisco; most likely in mid-October. More info to come.
– Bare Bottle Brewery is interested in having a Sudzers-only home brew competition, and we’ll most likely have it after NCHF has wrapped up. Stay tuned for more info.
– We talked a bit about building up RO water for brewing. Jim mentioned http://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=198460 as being an extremely helpful resource on the subject. Check it out to learn more!
– The California Craft Beer Summit is September 8-10. More info can be found at http://www.cacraftbeersummit.com/.
– On September 8th, Jeffers Richardson of Firestone Walker will “Drop Some Acid Knowledge” at Steins! Visit https://www.prod.facebook.com/events/183569225393841/ to learn more.
– Steins will also help host the Mountain View Oktoberfest on the first weekend in October. Come down for some great food and beer!
– Thirsty Third Thursday will be held at Harry’s Hofbrau in San Jose on August 18th, 7:00pm.
In all, we had sixteen brews:
BREWER BEER IBUs ABV David F. Peach-Nectarine Gose ~15 4.8% David Horchata Beer 20 5.4% David Cherry Cider 0 5.3% Tim Wedding Cider 0 7% Robert C. Saison 40 6.5% Derek W. Citra Saison ~40 7% Robert C. Tripel 30 6.8% Vern West Coast Scottish "bitter" ? 6.8% Mikael BB Porter 31 5.66% Paul Peanut Butter Porter 20 6.2% Jared IPA/SMASH -> Pacific Jade ? 5% Jared IPA/SMASH -> Pacific Gem ? 5% Marc Sweet Red IPA ~50 7% David IPA ~60 6.1% David F. IPA ~80 6.3% Derek W. Iced Flanders low ~9%
Thanks to Steins and everyone that showed up. See you next month!