In September’s meeting, we distributed the 2016 Sudzer t-shirts, tasted sixteen delicious homebrews, and met two new members of the Sudzer community. Thanks to everyone who showed up, and see you next month!
– Derek distributed t-shirts to all paid 2016 Sudzers club members that signed up on the Google spreadsheet.
– We’ll be pouring at NCHF’s Hoppy Hour this year. If you’re interested in volunteering to organize Hoppy Hour (set up kegs, put up the tent, etc.), please contact Steve Hutzler (firstname.lastname@example.org). We need volunteers, so please help if you can.
– Also, please e-mail Derek Wolfgram (email@example.com) if you’re attending NCHF and haven’t yet received access to the Google spreadsheet for keeping track of what beer, food, etc. you’re bringing.
– During October’s meeting, we plan on having a tasting for the beers made using Gigayeast’s experimental yeast that was handed out a few months ago. Please make sure to bring your notes (i.e., fermentation temperature, tasting notes, etc.) so they can be shared with the Gigayeast team.
– Tim has put together a schedule for a public-transit pub-crawl in San Francisco on October 15th. Details available at https://docs.google.com/document/d/14yxRF8Ioj7l3XOEKFfEcoiCNmLWbt_Kqe7wuJjO0c6g/edit.
– A few members recapped their time at the California Craft Beer Summit, which had 165 breweries and 460 beers!
– A few members also recapped the awesome talk by Jeffers Richardson of Firestone Walker. We learned that pH doesn’t tell the whole story, and titratable acidity is often a better indicator of how sour a beer will be. He’ll be giving an abridged version at NCHF, so check it out if you weren’t able to attend.
– The California State Homebrew Competition is coming up. Check out http://castate.brewcompetition.com/ if you’re interested in judging or submitting beer.
– Steins will help host the Mountain View Oktoberfest on the first weekend in October. Come down for some great food and beer!
– Thirsty Third Thursday will be held at Harry’s Hofbrau in San Jose on September 15th.
In all, we had sixteen brews:
BREWER BEER IBUs ABV Mikael LemonWit 16 4.5% Jared Wit - 5% Steve & Derek H. Saison - 4.5% Steve & Derek H. Belgian Pale - 5% Steve & Derek H. Honey Belgian Pale - 5% David F. Witches' Brew, Sweet Pumpkin Stout 15 4.5% Charles Milk Stout 25 4.7% David J. Ginger Cider 0 6.1% Jared Strawberry Blond - 6.5% Rob Hoppy Farmhouse 35 6% Danny IPA 100 4.5% David F. Rye IPA 50 6.8% Adam citra++, New England Style IPA - 8.3% Derek W. 2013 Barrel Aged Dark Matter 100+ 10%+ Jim W. Cherry Bomb, Kettle Sour 13 4.5% Jim W. Hoppy Sour, Kettle Sour 20 4.5%
Thanks to Steins and everyone that showed up. See you next month!