In January’s meeting, we tasted nine delicious homebrews, met one new member, and welcomed back a member from a decade ago! Thanks to everyone who showed up!
– Welcome Jenny, and welcome back, Jeff to the Sudzers!
– Derek W. collected 2017 club dues. If you didn’t get a chance to pay, you can always pay next meeting.
– Derek W. gave the 2016 financial report. For those interested in checking it out, the spreadsheet will eventually be uploaded to the website.
– Christmas party recap. Thanks, Marc and Jenn for hosting!
– The 2017 officers were announced:
— President: Steve Hutzler
— VP: Marc-Andre Harvey
— CFO: Derek Wolfgram
— CCO: Adam Campbell
— Chief Tasting Officers (CTO): Jim Williams and Charles Stevens. The CTO’s responsibility will be finding ways for us to enhance our palate, e.g., by organizing off-flavor tasting sessions. More info to come.
– Sudzers Homebrew of the Year was announced… Congratulations, Jared Churko!
– Steve H. will be sending out a survey to get opinions on what events we want to do next year.
– Steve H. was kind enough to put together a spreadsheet containing upcoming events and competitions. See it here: http://www.sudzers.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/comps_jan2017.xlsx
– Freewheel Battle of the Brew Clubs is February 12. Style is Old Ale, and Maris Otter must be used as the base malt. Danny expressed interest. Anyone else willing to help?
In all, we had nine brews:
BREWER BEER IBUs ABV Derek W. Kolsch 30 4.6% Kevin W. Belgian pale - 6.8% Adam C. Citra IPL - 6.4% Kevin W. Two-Hearted clone 55 6.7% Jared Samus Aran IPA 80 6% Charles IPA 100 7.3% Robert Saison Zeste De Cacao 20 5.6% Robert Secret Beach Saison 20 8.1% Danny Hail Mary imperial stout 80 10%
Thanks to Steins and everyone that showed up.