In February’s meeting, we tasted six delicious homebrews and voted on Anchor Steam as being the clone competition beer. Thanks to everyone who showed up!
– Derek W. collected 2017 club dues. If you didn’t get a chance to pay, you can always pay next meeting.
– Sudzers Homebrewer of the Year Trophy was presented to Jared Churko!
– Jenn was kind enough to volunteer to help organize a Sudzer bar crawl. We’ll most likely do it in the Berkeley area (Fieldwork, Torpedo Room, and Rare Barrel).
– Dark Matter bottling day will be hosted at Marc and Jenn’s house on March 11. More info will be provided in the next few weeks.
– We voted to have Anchor Steam be the clone competition beer in the June meeting.
– We’re looking for volunteers to help organize and judge the Santa Clara County Fair Homebrew competition this Summer.
– Steins is hosting their 3rd annual homebrew competition in March. Beers can be dropped off at Steins from March 11-16. More details at http://steinsbeergarden.com/2017/02/08/steins-3rd-annual-home-brew-competition/
– For other upcoming events and competitions, check out http://www.sudzers.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/comps_feb2017.xlsx
In all, we had six brews:
BREWER BEER IBUs ABV Marc-Andrey Chinook Pale 68 7% Jared Smash Mouth Cascadian Dark Ale 60 5.5% Danny IPA 75 7.6% Danny Triple 35 8.1% David F. Centennial IPA 75 8.9% Adam Flanders-ish Dark Sour - 7.3%
Thanks to Steins and everyone that showed up!