In April’s meeting, we welcomed several new members and tasted fifteen delicious homebrews. Thanks to everyone who showed up!
– Welcome all new members. We hope to see you at future meetings!
– Derek W. still has t-shirts for sale.
– Derek W. is accepting 2017 dues. Reach out to him at email@example.com if you’d like to pay.
– Dark Matter was bottled last weekend and distributed to paid 2016 members in attendance.
– Reminder that we’ll have an Anchor Steam clone competition at the June meeting.
– Bob and Dave discussed their brewery-in-progress. We look forward to hearing more about this in the future!
– Marc-Andre gave an overview of his homebrew setup.
– Charles and Jim conducted the off-flavor session: acetaldehyde. Learn more about acetaldehyde at https://beerandbrewing.com/off-flavor-of-the-week-acetaldehyde/
– We’re looking for volunteers to help organize and judge the Santa Clara County Fair Homebrew competition this Summer. Reach out to Steve H. at Stephen.Hutzler@power.com if you’d like to volunteer.
– Sierra Nevada’s Beer Camp is in San Francisco on June 3rd. https://www.eventbrite.com/e/beer-camp-on-tour-san-francisco-ca-tickets-32413498647
– For other upcoming events and competitions, check out http://www.sudzers.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/comps_april2017.xlsx
In all, we had fifteen brews:
BREWER BEER IBUs ABV Bill Kumquat Tibicos 12 2% Paul S. Anchor Steam Clone 15 5.1% Steve The Helles This 20 5.3% Jared Helles Neu 20 5.5% Charles Pilsner 35 5.3% David J. Figgy Pudding Saison - 7.9% Danny Old Fashioned Saison 21 9% Mikael & Bill Hop Juice 53 5.8% Denis Galaxy Mosaic Citra IPA 60 7% Marc-Andre Chinook Pale Ale ~68 7% Charles Some Arrogance IPA not enough 7.2% Chris Galactic Julius NE IPA - 6.5% David J. Lambic 1 - 6.2% David J. Cherry Lambic - 6.2% Marc-Andre Flander's Wrong low 8.2%
Thanks to Steins and everyone that showed up!