In July’s meeting, we welcomed two new members, discussed NCHF, and then tasted twelve delicious brews. Thanks to everyone who showed up!
– Derek W. is accepting 2017 dues. Reach out to him at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to pay. He also has t-shirts for sale!
– Welcome Christy and Jay to the Sudzers!
– This year’s Northern California Homebrewers Festival (NCHF) is September 15-16. Tickets go on sale Sunday, July 16 at 10:00am and Saturday, July 22 at 10:00am. See http://www.nchfinfo.org/ for more info. Thanks, Steve C. for volunteering to be the event coordinator!
– Derek sent out a spreadsheet to keep track of who’s going and what everyone’s bringing. Please fill it out if you plan on attending: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19Y2L_JBTKQFy_0yLsXnDx_b1Hf6e3f8jjxyuJJLUWCM/edit?usp=sharing
– We’re pouring again this year at Hoppy Hour. Last year we went through around 40 gallons of beer, so we need beer! Hoppy Hour beers are typically 6% and less, so start thinking about what you want to brew.
– We’re looking for volunteers to help organize and judge the Santa Clara County Fair Homebrew competition this Summer. Reach out to Steve H. at Stephen.Hutzler@power.com if you’d like to volunteer. The main judging event is this Saturday, July 15.
In all, we had twelve brews:
BREWER BEER IBUs ABV Jay P. Cream Ale - 4.5% Mikael H. Queen Kolsch 27 5% Adam C. Kitchen Sink Pale Ale - 5.8% Christy A. Sahti Wannabe Rye Ale - 7.5% Derek W. India Cream Ale 60 6.8% Robert C. Misty Mountain Hazy IPA 60 6.56% Jim W. NEIPA - 8% Christy A. Coffeee! Breakfast Stout low 8% Robert C. Thirteen Belgian Dark Strong Ale 20 11% Steve K. Angus the Younger DIPA 100+ 9.6% Bill K., Robert C.'s Motor Oil Bourbon Barrel Aged Stout 30 8.2% Marc-Andre's Imperial Dark Matter RIS - 15%
Thanks to Steins and everyone that showed up!