In November’s meeting, we recapped the Dark Matter Brew Day, did the off-flavor tasting of the month, learned about cleaning and sanitizing your equipment, and then tasted seventeen delicious brews. Thanks to everyone who showed up!
– Welcome, Alan, to his first meeting!
– Remember, there is no December meeting. Instead, we will have our annual Holiday Party, which will be at 6:30 on Saturday, December 9th at Rich’s house. For directions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
– Please send any Homebrewer of the Year nominations to me, Adam, at email@example.com
– Also, please email me (again at firstname.lastname@example.org) if you’d like to nominate yourself or anyone else for a Sudzer Officer position for 2018. Positions are President, Vice President, Chief Financial Officer, and Chief Communications Officer.
– Thanks Marc-Andre and Jenn for hosting Dark Matter Brew Day, where six brewers got together to brew 43 gallons of the imperial stout!
– Jim and Charles hosted the off-flavor of the month: lactic acid
– Robert C. brought in and distributed several malts from Admiral Maltings (http://admiralmaltings.com/). We look forward to see what everyone brews with these.
– Steve H. for summarized Jon Herskovits’s (of Five Star Chemicals) BeerSmith session on cleaning and sanitizing your equipment. For the full podcast, see http://beersmith.com/blog/2013/08/02/beer-cleaning-and-sanitation-with-jon-herskovits-beersmith-podcast-62/
In all, we had seventeen brews:
BREWER BEER IBUs ABV Derek W. Shrill Blond Ale 30 5.9% Tim T. Honey Blond - 7.4% Robert C. Heaping Hills w/ Fresh Hops Blond 20 7.5% Craig Best Bitter - 4.5% Robert C. Moss Landing with Fresh Hops APA 30 5.8% Marc-Andre Apple Cherry Cider 0 yes Cliff Saison - 6.2% Adam Saison with Rosehips and Hibiscus - 7.2% Danny Saison with Brett 28 7% Mikael & Bill La Raison Saison 31 8.3% Mikael & Bill 154 East West IPA - 6.5% Charles Heretic IPA - 7.1% Derek W. Scarlet Munition 45 6% Mikael & Bill Choconut Porter 30 5.3% Craig Sweet Stout - 6.2% Kevin Nitro Stout - 6.7% Charles Trubbel Dubbel - 7.2%
Thanks to Steins and everyone that showed up!