Hello, Sudzers! In July’s meeting, we learned why beer tasting is unfair, covered a lot of business items, and tasted eleven delicious brews. Thanks to everyone who showed up!
– Derek collected membership dues: You can still pay via paypal to firstname.lastname@example.org
– Derek sold shirts: $15 for polos, $10 for t-shirts, $5 for clearance t-shirts
– Tickets for NCHF go on sale July 15th (http://www.nchfinfo.org/). If you’re attending, please fill out the spreadsheet at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19VtbpO-X6it4O4eX4V00R9bf7HvVUk1qIyY5K4pWxxo/edit?usp=sharing so we can coordinate who’s going, who’s bringing what, etc.
– Would anyone like to volunteer to build a glass rinser for NCHF? Please email the list if you’re interested.
– Also, please let us know if you have the club’s jockey box.
– Tim has volunteered to host Dark Matter Brew Day. More details to come. Thanks, Tim!
– We still need a volunteer for the Christmas Party. Please email the list if you’re interested in volunteering.
– Steve H. and Adam gave a recap of HomebrewCon. There was a ton of beer and plenty of great presentations. Next year’s will be held in Rhode Island.
– Mikael gave us an update on the BJCP exam coming up in January, 2019. Signups for the exam will be on a first come, first served basis, based on the completion of the online exam. Prior to the exam in January, we’ll have 10-12, weekly training sessions beginning in the Fall.
– Judging for the Santa Clara County Fair Homebrew Competition will be held July 21st. Derek will be holding a prelim round at his house in Redwood City. If you’re interested in participating in either of those, then please email Derek at email@example.com
– Cliff gave us a presentation on why beer tasting isn’t fair. We used the tasting kit at https://www.amazon.com/QUALITY-Super-Taster-Strips-Test/dp/B019MACBOG to test our tastebuds. Check out the presentation at http://www.sudzers.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Beer-tasting.pptx
– All shared recipes can be found at https://sites.google.com/a/cloudyforecast.com/brewme/home. If you’d like to have your recipe shared on the site, then please email it in any format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Full info can be found at http://www.sudzers.org/?page_id=2910
– For a list of all upcoming competitions, check out WoW’s awesome calendar: http://www.wortsofwisdom.org/calendar/upcoming-homebrewers-competitions/
In all, we had eleven brews:
BREWER BEER IBUs ABV Kevin W. Blonde Experiment 17 6.2% Mikael Cold One Kolsch 26 4.75% Steve & Derek H. Empty the keg Saison ? 6% Cliff Brett Farmhouse 29 6.1% Danny Juicy Brett Beer 24 6% Danny Juicy NEIPA 24 6% Colten Azacca SMaSH - 6.2% Adam Doppelsticke - 7.3% Colten Raspberry Porter - 7.2% Craig More Heavy Than Wee, Wee Heavy 28 9.9% Derek W. Dry Pomegranate Apple Cider 0 8.8%
Thanks to Steins and everyone that showed up!