Hello, Sudzers! In September’s meeting, we welcomed a new member, discussed NCHF, and tasted six delicious brews. Thanks to everyone who showed up and have a great Labor Day!
– Welcome Matt to his first meeting!
– Derek collected membership dues: You can still pay via paypal to email@example.com
– Derek sold shirts: $15 for polos, $10 for t-shirts, $5 for clearance t-shirts
– If you’re attending NCHF, please fill out the spreadsheet at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19VtbpO-X6it4O4eX4V00R9bf7HvVUk1qIyY5K4pWxxo/edit?usp=sharing so we can coordinate who’s going, who’s bringing what, etc.
– The first study session for the BJCP exam is September 27th. Mikael will send an email with more information.
– Dark Matter Brew Day will be October 20 at Tim Topole’s house
– We still need a volunteer for the Christmas Party. Please email the list if you’re interested in volunteering.
– Santa Clara County Fair Homebrew competition recap (Cliff top wild/sour and 2nd place BOS brett ryes saison, Danny 2nd place IPA, Adam 2nd place dark lagers for Baltic Porter), 10 tables + Mini BOS and BOS for 64 entries, at least 1 Sudzers judge at every table except a Mad Z’s prelim flight)
– Anyone interested in being officer for 2019 please let Derek W. (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Adam (email@example.com) know
– All shared recipes can be found at https://sites.google.com/a/cloudyforecast.com/brewme/home. If you’d like to have your recipe shared on the site, then please email it in any format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Full info can be found at http://www.sudzers.org/?page_id=2910
– For a list of all upcoming competitions, check out WoW’s awesome calendar: http://www.wortsofwisdom.org/calendar/upcoming-homebrewers-competitions/
In all, we had six brews:
BREWER BEER IBUs ABV Chet S. Dortmunder Export 32 6.1% Derek W. Shrill Belgian Blonde Ale 30 5.2% Derek W. Go Go Pale Ale 35 5.9% Chris K. Frozen Juice NE IPA 30 6.5% Derek W. Das Grosse Altbier Sticke Alt 35 6.5% Derek W. Oak Aged Tropical Stout with Rum 40 8.0%
Thanks to Steins and everyone that showed up!