Hello, Sudzers! In March’s meeting, we met some new members, learned about spunding, and tasted ten delicious brews. Thanks to everyone who showed up!
- Welcome new members: Robert, Sean, and Ryan!
- Derek collected membership dues. Dues must be paid each calendar year and can still be made to Derek via paypal at email@example.com
- Derek had shirts for sale: $5 for t-shirts and $10 for polos. What a deal!
- Steins’s “The Best Brews (So Far)” homebrew comp (http://steinsbeergarden.com/mountainview/2019/02/22/steins-home-brew-contest-2019/) is just around the corner. Entries can be dropped off at Steins from March 24-29. Judging will take place on the 30th. If you’re interested in judging or stewarding, please email Mikael (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Cliff would like to know if there’s anyone interested in pouring at Steinbeck’s Home Brew Fest (https://www.steinbeckrotary.org/2019-steinbecks-home-brew-fest) on May 4th in Salinas. Email Cliff (email@example.com) if you’re interested in participating.
- Chet is organizing a homebrew equipment swap meet. More info to come!
- Cliff gave a talk on spunding. If you missed it, check it out at http://www.sudzers.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Spunding.pptx
- All shared recipes can be found at https://sites.google.com/a/cloudyforecast.com/brewme/home. If you’d like to have your recipe shared on the site, then please email it in any format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Full info can be found at http://www.sudzers.org/?page_id=2910
- For a list of all upcoming competitions, check out WoW’s awesome calendar: http://www.wortsofwisdom.org/calendar/upcoming-homebrewers-competitions/
In all, we had ten brews:
BREWER BEER IBUs ABV
David W. Mosaic Mango Weisse 15 5%
Mikael Look@me Kolsch 25 5%
Cliff Altishbier 25 5%
Cliff Saison with spelt 30 4.5%
Ryan L. 20 Cunning Cooks Saison 43 6.1%
Chris R. Greenville RoJo American Pale Ale 47 5.6%
Derek W. Resilience IPA 45 6.4%
Cliff Milk Stout 29 6.9%
Charles A.Bastard Strong Ale NDA 8.6%
Adam C. Vanilla Oak Stout - 11%
Thanks to Steins and everyone that showed up!