Hello, Sudzers! In May’s meeting, we met a new member, learned about Kolsch and heterofermentative yeast, and tasted seventeen delicious brews. Thanks to everyone who showed up!
- Welcome new member, Charles!
- Remember, dues ($25) must be paid each calendar year and can still be made via paypal at email@example.com
- Robert announced a new meeting presentation type, where every two months, someone presents about a particular style. The hope is that we get a good number of members to brew that style for the meeting held two months after the presentation. This meeting, Mikael discussed Kolsch (http://www.sudzers.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Kolsch.pptx). If you plan on brewing a Kolsch, please bring it to the July meeting.
- We’re still looking for volunteers to present about Festbier/Oktoberfest, Stouts, and British Bitters. Please let myself or Robert know if you’re interested in covering any of these styles.
- Cliff and Mike Conant are organizing a wild-ale Solera project. If you’re interested in participating, then please email Cliff (firstname.lastname@example.org) soon, as he needs your beer at next month’s meeting.
- Congratulations to all new BJCP judges, and thanks, Mikael, for organizing everything!
- David W. gave a wonderful talk on Heterofermentative Yeast. Check out the presentation at (https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1YsOZLf_cD757_9JSin59TBNXGL1HZH0kzgK2YuSXygo/edit?usp=sharing) and the original paper at (https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0740002017302952).
- As a reminder, registration closes for the World Cup of Beer on June 5th: https://www.worldcupofbeer.com/
- All shared recipes can be found at https://sites.google.com/a/cloudyforecast.com/brewme/home. If you’d like to have your recipe shared on the site, then please email it in any format to email@example.com. Full info can be found at http://www.sudzers.org/?page_id=2910
- For a list of all upcoming competitions, check out WoW’s awesome calendar: http://www.wortsofwisdom.org/calendar/upcoming-homebrewers-competitions/
In all, we had seventeen brews:
BREWER BEER IBUs ABV Cliff Little Yellow Lite Lager 25 4.5% David W. Maibock 25 7.5% Adam Coconut Schwarzbier - 6.3% Adam Kviek IPA w/ Lemondrop hops - 7.5% Liza A Kelis Tribute Mango Milkshake IPA - 7.1% Christy Watermelon Gose 5 5% Charles D. American IPA 81-86 6% David W. Plum Bum, Golden Sour w/ Plums 10 6% Christy Sour Cherry Golden Sour w/ Cherry 30 7.5% Cliff Black Lager 30 5.5% Christy Desecration Dark Sour 25 9.5% Christy Boozy Barrel-aged Belgian Tripel 25 10% Robert Unnamed Porter 28 6.5% Robert Smoked Unnamed Porter 28 6.5% Robert Cocao Nib Unnamed Porter 28 6.5% Evan and Sara Oat St. Stout/porter 48 4.2% Charles D. Nathanz Coffee Milk Stout 25 3.3%
Thanks to Steins and everyone that showed up!