Hello, Sudzers! In October’s meeting, we met a new member, learned about Trappist Ales, and tasted ten delicious brews. Thanks to everyone who showed up!
- Welcome new member, Philip!
- Derek collected membership dues. Dues must be paid each calendar year and can still be made to Derek via paypal at email@example.com
- Derek had shirts for sale: $5 for t-shirts and $10 for polos. What a deal!
- We need a volunteer for Dark Matter Brew Day. We usually hold the event in November, but of course, the host can decide which day works best for them. Please reply to the mailing list if you’d like to host!
- The Sudzer Christmas Party will be held December 14th. Stay tuned to this list for more details about the location and exact time.
- Congratulations to Chet and Cliff for their wins at the Santa Cruz County Fair Homebrew Comp!
- There aren’t many competitions coming up, but the California State Fair Homebrew Comp is looking for judges. Learn more at https://castate.brewcompetition.com/
- David W. gave a great presentation on Trappist Ales, which can be found at http://www.sudzers.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/Trappist-Ales.pptx. Note, if you want to brew one, we will be sharing them at the January meeting. We had originally decided November, but that wouldn’t give many brewers enough time to brew and finish their beers. So again, if you want to brew one, please bring it next year’s January meeting.
- All shared recipes can be found at https://sites.google.com/a/cloudyforecast.com/brewme/home. If you’d like to have your recipe shared on the site, then please email it in any format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Full info can be found at http://www.sudzers.org/?page_id=2910
- For a list of all upcoming competitions, check out WoW’s awesome calendar: http://www.wortsofwisdom.org/calendar/upcoming-homebrewers-competitions/
In all, we had ten brews:
BREWER BEER IBUs ABV Bill & Mikael Plum Gose 0 5% Derek W. Apple Plum Cider 0 ~8 David Razzmatazz Berliner Weisse 5 5% Adam Strata Pale Ale ? 4.5% Chet German Pils 36 5.2% Cliff Late to the Party Festbier 30 5.8% Bill & Mikael ARC NEIPA 52 4.8% Derek W. Broke Da Mouf Coconut Black IPA 50 6.8% Cliff Rye Saison w/ Brett 25 6.2% Cliff Group Barrel Saison ? 8.5%
Thanks to Steins and everyone that showed up!