Hello, Sudzers! In March’s meeting, we met many new members, learned about water chemistry and the history of stouts, and tasted nineteen delicious homebrews. Thanks to everyone who showed up!
- Welcome all new members: Marcos, Lauren, Andrew, Nathaniel, John, Tad, and Tad’s better half (sorry, I didn’t get your name!). Hope to see you all at future meetings!
- Remember, membership dues need to be made every calendar year. If you haven’t paid yet, then you can make a payment of $25 to Derek via paypal at email@example.com
- Dark Matter is ready to be bottled. Robert will send out a few dates to the list to see what works best for everyone.
- Cliff gave an update on the Club Solera Project. The beer is coming along nicely and ready to be bottled. A few people have volunteered to donate more beer to the barrel, but if you’re interested in helping out, then please reach out to Cliff.
- Cliff also gave an update on some competitions coming up soon:
— Steins Homebrew Comp: https://www.facebook.com/events/steins-beer-garden-mountain-view/7th-annual-steins-homebrew-competition/183511109563087/
— World Cup of Beer: https://www.worldcupofbeer.com/
— Chico Homebrew Comp: https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/events/24th-annual-chico-homebrew-competition/
— VIBE’s Wild Sour and Belgian Comp: https://www.vibebeer.com/competition/
— Maltose Falcons Comp: https://www.maltosefalcons.com/
- Please sign up at https://forms.gle/ncigiARbAsKRbrQSA if you’re interested in studying for the next BJCP exam.
- Cliff gave a presentation on “Brewing with Reverse Osmosis (RO) water and Bru’n water primer” which can be found at http://www.sudzers.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Brewing-with-Reverse-Osmosis-RO-water.pptx
- Adam gave a presentation on the “History of Stout” which can be found at http://www.sudzers.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Sudzers-Stout-history-Style-Presentation.pptx
- All shared recipes can be found at https://sites.google.com/a/cloudyforecast.com/brewme/home. If you’d like to have your recipe shared on the site, then please email it in any format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Full info can be found at http://www.sudzers.org/?page_id=2910
- For a list of all upcoming competitions, check out WoW’s awesome calendar: http://www.wortsofwisdom.org/calendar/upcoming-homebrewers-competitions/
In all, we had nineteen homebrews:
BREWER BEER IBUs ABV Derek W. What's the Buzz Honey Kolsch 25 5.3% Sara & Evan Grisette 32 5.75% Marcos S. Bluefield Fest Festbier - - Cliff Teresa's Scotch Ale 25 6.5% Marcos S. Pumpkin Ale - - Tad O. Christmas Ale - 6% Marcos S. Pink Peppercorn Brett Saison - - Kevin Nitro Orange Creamsicle 12 8% Chris K. Chasing Rainbows Hazy Pilsner IPA - 6.6% Stephan Melon Man Hazy IPA ??? 7% Adam McLiliDan's Dry Irish Stout - 4.8% Chet Sweet Stout 29 5.25% Kevin Maple Breakfast Stout - 6% Derek W. Drek's Baltic Porter 25 7% Robert Imperial Stout ~80 9.3% Sudzers Dark Matter Keg 1&2 90 9.9% Charles RIS - 11% Kevin Get Drunk BA Stout - 12% Chris K. Choc. Achromatic BA choc&vanil stout - 12%
Thanks to Steins and everyone that showed up!