Hello, Sudzers! In the first meeting of 2021, we had a great discussion with Jason Simpson, co-owner of Ghostwood Beer Co, got the annual CFO report, discussed ideas for 2021, and tasting seven delicious brews. Hope you all had a great New Year, and thanks to everyone who showed up!
– Remember, membership dues need to be made every calendar year. If you haven’t paid yet, then you can make a payment of $25 to Derek via paypal at firstname.lastname@example.org
– Thanks so much to Jason Simpson, co-owner of Ghostwood Beer Co (https://www.ghostwoodbeer.com/), for discussing with us what it takes to own a brewery and make it through these tough times. We appreciate the candid discussion and encourage all of our members to grab some of their great beers. Also check out Derek’s article in the Los Altos Town Crier to learn more about Ghostwood: https://www.losaltosonline.com/special-sections2/sections/food-a-wine/63773-crowlers-intrepid-customers-ghostwood-beer-battles-to-break-even-under-ongoing-lockdown
– Derek gave the annual CFO report. Check it out here: http://www.sudzers.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/2020-CFO-report.pptx
– We spent some time discussing ideas for 2021. Robert will send out an email asking for ideas, so please respond if you have any, especially if you’re willing to put in the effort of making the idea a reality.
– 2019 Sudzers Dark Matter imperial stout is ready for pickup! If you were a paid member in *2019*, then you should’ve received an email from Derek detailing how to pick up your beers. If you did not receive that email and you did pay membership dues in 2019, then please email myself, Derek, or Robert and we can forward that email to you.
– If you haven’t already, please join our Discord server (link was sent to the mailing list). All official communication (meeting information, event information, etc.) will continue to go through the mailing list, but Discord provides us a convenient way to have smaller, quicker conversations, so we encourage you to join.
– Several of our members got together to share beers with each other. During the meeting, each brewer talked about their beer and got feedback from the people they shared it with. Thanks to everyone who participated!
– All shared recipes can be found at https://sites.google.com/a/cloudyforecast.com/brewme/home. If you’d like to have your recipe shared on the site, then please email it in any format to email@example.com. Full info can be found at http://www.sudzers.org/?page_id=2910
– For a list of all upcoming competitions, check out WoW’s awesome calendar: http://www.wortsofwisdom.org/calendar/upcoming-homebrewers-competitions/
In all, we had seven homebrews:
BREWER BEER IBUs ABV Mike C. Helles Belles Munich Helles 18 4.7% Chet Fresh Hop "Harvest" Ale 29 4% Netanel Best Bitter 34 4.3% Mike C. ABC Biere de Garde 30 7% Charlie T. Playhouse Oatmeal Stout 33 5.8% Derek W. Honey Plum Tripel 30 10.4% Robert C. Dark Matter 2019 100+ 11%