For our September meeting, we discussed this year’s NCHF. Then we tasted 4 homebrews. Thanks to Stein’s and everyone who showed up.
– The Northern California Homebrewers Conference (NCHF) is coming up soon (September 15-16). People who are planning on going can coordinate via Discord.
– The California State Homebrew Competition will held October 28 and November 4-5. If anyone is interested in entering beers or being a judge/steward, more information is available from the competition’s web site: https://castate.brewcompetition.com/
– The beers we tasted:
|Brewer||Beer Name||Beer Style||IBUs||ABV||Brewer Notes|
|Noah M||Tripel-sided lightsaber||Tripel||~9|
|TimT||Fail||Cold IPA||70||7||Many failures in the brewing process|
|Stephan||Mowgli’s Black Cat IPA||Black IPA||45||6.3||Chinook, amarillo, citra|
|Kevin S||Common Ground||DIPA||95||8.1||Azacca, columbus & southern cross hops|
– Remember, membership dues need to be made every calendar year. If you haven’t paid yet, then you can make a payment of $25 to Derek via paypal at email@example.com
– If you haven’t already, please join our Discord server at https://discord.gg/mBQ7smguu7. All official communication (meeting information, event information, etc.) will continue to go through the mailing list, but Discord provides us a convenient way to have smaller, quicker conversations, so we encourage you to join.
– All shared recipes can be found at https://sites.google.com/a/cloudyforecast.com/brewme/home. If you’d like to have your recipe shared on the site, then please email it in any format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Full info can be found at http://www.sudzers.org/?page_id=2910
– For a list of all upcoming competitions, check out the Worts of Wisdoms’ calendar: http://www.wortsofwisdom.org/calendar/upcoming-homebrewers-competitions/