In March’s meeting had a full agenda. We wished Vern a happy birthday, welcomed two new members, tasted fifteen delicious homebrews, learned a bit about water, got our hands on some hop hash, and sampled some diacetyl (on purpose). Thanks to everyone who showed up!
– We welcomed Katie and Patrick to their first meeting!
– Dark Matter bottling day date and time are still to be determined. Stay tuned.
– Reminder that we’ll have an Anchor Steam clone competition at the June meeting.
– We decided to keep the Thirsty Third Thursday meeting at Harry’s in San Jose in case people still want to meet up.
– We’re looking for volunteers to help organize and judge the Santa Clara County Fair Homebrew competition this Summer.
– Steins is hosting their 3rd annual homebrew competition in March. Beers can be dropped off at Steins from March 11-16. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to judge on March 18th. More details at http://steinsbeergarden.com/2017/02/08/steins-3rd-annual-home-brew-competition/
– We had a talk on building water. Slides are available at http://www.sudzers.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/water_basics.pptx
– Charles brought in some hop hash for us to check out. Learn more about it at https://www.morebeer.com/category/hop-hash.html
– Charles and Jim conducted the first off-flavor session: diacetyl. Learn more about diacetyl at http://byo.com/bock/item/546-diacetyl-homebrew-science
– For other upcoming events and competitions, check out http://www.sudzers.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/comps_march2017.xlsx
In all, we had fifteen brews:
BREWER BEER IBUs ABV Tim Apple & Pomegranate Cider 0 9.45% Mikael Sterling Kolsch 26 5% Rob New England Pale Ale - 5.2% Rob Coffee New England Pale Ale - 5% David J. Persimmon Blonde - 5.3% Adam Schwarzbier - 5.4% David F. Schwarzbier 2.0 - 6% Jared FutureESB - 5.5% Mikael Cold Brew Porter 46 7% Kevin Oatmeal Stout - 7.2% Vern 2016 Santatizer - 6.8% Kevin Mosaic IPA - 7.2% David J. Black IPA - 7.1% Denis B. DDH Double IPA 80 8.1% Jim W. Flanders Sorta Red - 6%
Thanks to Steins and everyone that showed up!