Hello, Sudzers! In February’s meeting, we saw Kevin’s homebrew setup, welcomed a few new members, and tasted fourteen (or twenty if you were brave enough to stay until the end) delicious brews. Thanks to everyone who showed up!
– Welcome new members Chet and Aaron!
– Derek collected membership dues: You can still pay via paypal to email@example.com
– Derek sold shirts: $15 for polos, $10 for t-shirts, $5 for clearance t-shirts
– Mikael is organizing a BJCP exam for January 2019. Robert will send out a signup sheet for those interested in studying.
– We are planning a date to visit Admiral Malting’s for a tour of their malthouse and new tap room, plus bring beers made with their malt to share (likely March because of SF Beer Week)
– Several Sudzers received wort from Santa Clara Valley Brewing. They’ll have an event to feature their beer plus the homebrews. We’ll post details when we get them.
– Robert and Derek will be brewing at Freewheel’s homebrew comp this Sunday, February 18. The event begins at 11:00am. Feel free to come by!
– Thanks to Kevin Wolf for presenting his homebrew system. View the presentation at http://www.sudzers.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Sudzers-presentation.pdf
– In March, Gigayeast will join us and teach us how to propagate yeast
– The National Homebrewers Conference will be held June 28-30 in Portland, Oregon. We suspect many Sudzers will be attending, so we’ll make sure we get everyone coordinated before the event. For more info: https://www.homebrewcon.org/
– Steins 4th annual homebrew competition will be held in March. Info can be found at http://steinsbeergarden.com/mountainview/2018/01/12/homebrewcontest2018/
– For a list of all upcoming competitions, check out WoW’s awesome calendar: http://www.wortsofwisdom.org/calendar/upcoming-homebrewers-competitions/
In all, we had twelve brews:
BREWER BEER IBUs ABV David F. Flawed Lager, Munich Helles 25 5.2% Cliff Lager with Gallagher's Best 15 5% Craig Dunkles Weissbier 16 5.3% Mikael Rustic Maiden Saison 34 6% Steve K. Paparazzi American Brown 21 5.8% Kevin Everything's coming up 80 shill 23 5.8% Danny Coffee Porter 36 6% Colten I Miss Two Hearted IPA ~60 7.5% Bill & Mikael Lightening NEIPA 70 6% Robert Foggy Bay NEIPA 30 5.8% Kevin treNdiE IPA 95 9.8% Adam C. Baltic Porter - 9.3% Mike G. Dewberry/Huckleberry Mead 0 ? Derek W. Prickly Pear Mead 0 16% Craig Blonde 28 3.6% Robert Dubbel Nature Belgian Dubbel 20 6% Robert Tough Guy Wine Barrel Aged Sour 20 6% Cliff Dark Mild 20 3.8% Cliff Baltic Porter 75 10% Mikael Parfait Saison 27 6%
Thanks to Steins and everyone that showed up!