Hello, Sudzers! In July’s meeting, we met a new members, learned about Festbier/Marzen, and tasted twenty-one delicious brews. Thanks to everyone who showed up!
- Welcome new member, Erik!
- Derek collected membership dues. Dues must be paid each calendar year and can still be made to Derek via paypal at email@example.com
- Derek had shirts for sale: $5 for t-shirts and $10 for polos. What a deal!
- Derek did the final distribution for Dark Matter bottles to all paid 2018 members.
- Derek discussed ideas for a new Sudzer shirt. Robert will be sending out a survey to gather feedback/ideas on the shirt, but if you’re interested in designing it, please email Derek at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We briefly discussed planning for NCHF (https://www.nchfinfo.org/). Tickets went on sale at 10:00am yesterday Sunday, July 14th. If you missed them, they will go on sale again at 10:00am, July 20th.
- We discussed the idea of an equipment swap meet. We hope to get other clubs involved and are looking to hold this at a local brewery. Robert will send out a request for volunteers to help organize this.
- The Fourth Annual Firefighters Chili Cookoff and Homebrew Competition (https://www.wortsofwisdom.org/chilicomp/) is open for registration until August 3rd.
- The Santa Cruz County Fair is also open for registration: https://www.santacruzcountyfair.com/fair-time/attend/2019-entry-guides scroll down to the Homebrew section for details. Cliff volunteered to drop off bottles if you want to give them to him at the next meeting.
- Robert gave a presentation (http://www.sudzers.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Kolsch-history-and-details.pptx) on Kolsch, and we got to try a commercial example along with six of our homebrewed examples.
- Robert also gave a presentation (http://www.sudzers.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Oktoberfest_Festbier.pptx) on Festbier/Marzen; which will be our beer-of-focus for September’s meeting. So, please plan on brewing early if you’d like to share it in two months.
- All shared recipes can be found at https://sites.google.com/a/cloudyforecast.com/brewme/home. If you’d like to have your recipe shared on the site, then please email it in any format to email@example.com. Full info can be found at http://www.sudzers.org/?page_id=2910
- For a list of all upcoming competitions, check out WoW’s awesome calendar: http://www.wortsofwisdom.org/calendar/upcoming-homebrewers-competitions/
In all, we had twenty-one brews:
BREWER BEER IBUs ABV Robert Kolsch 24 4.6% Stephan Kolsch 26 4.8% Elan Kolsch 28 4.9% Cliff Kolsch 30 5% Sara & Evan Kolsch 28 5.4% Chet Kolsch 28 ~6% Sara & Evan LoKo Loquat Kolsch 28 5.6% David W. Walla Walla Hefeweizen 15 5% Robert Lemon Drop Blonde Ale 24 4.9% Cliff Rye Table Beer 30 4% Kevin Young Lager Kellerbier 49 4.7% Derek W. Shrill Single Pale Wit 30 5.1% Derek W. Saffron Shrill Single Pale Wit 30 5.1% Eric R. Saison D'ete ? 5% David W. Saison I 30 6% Steve & Derek H. Y72 Saison ~30 6.3% Adam Schwarzbier ? 6.3% Anil Darker Shade of Pale APA 45 6.5% Charles D. Haze Grey & Underway IPA w/ tea 28 6.4% Noah Dank side IPA w/ black apricots ~40 6.8% Anil BBA Imperial Porter 58 9.8%
Thanks to Steins and everyone that showed up!