For our April meeting, Derek gave an update on the Santa Clara County Fair Homebrew Competition. And, last but not least, we tasted seven great homebrews. Thanks to Stein’s and everyone who showed up!
– We welcomed a new member, Logan. Welcome to the club!
– We got an update on the Annual Santa Clara County Fair Homebrew Competition which is being hosted by the Sudzers and the Grain Trust. The competition is looking for judges and stewards to assist with judging at the Santa Clara County Fairgrounds in San Jose on Saturday, July 23. There might also be preliminary judging conducted in the South Bay & Peninsula on weekends and weekday evenings beginning July 17. If you are interested in judging or stewarding, please fill out the brief questionnaire at https://forms.gle/7VTDQvh8qT4imw73A no later than June 15, 2022. If you’re interested in entering the competition, details and the registration link are at: https://bit.ly/3ON3VxH. The competition is also looking for volunteers to help collect the entries at the fairgrounds on July 16.
– We’re still looking for volunteers to take over as club President, Vice President, and Competition Guru. Please let me or any other current officer know if you’re interested in any of these positions.
– Remember, membership dues need to be made every calendar year. If you haven’t paid yet, then you can make a payment of $25 to Derek via paypal at firstname.lastname@example.org
– If you haven’t already, please join our Discord server at https://discord.gg/mBQ7smguu7. All official communication (meeting information, event information, etc.) will continue to go through the mailing list, but Discord provides us a convenient way to have smaller, quicker conversations, so we encourage you to join.
– All shared recipes can be found at https://sites.google.com/a/cloudyforecast.com/brewme/home. If you’d like to have your recipe shared on the site, then please email it in any format to email@example.com. Full info can be found at http://www.sudzers.org/?page_id=2910
– For a list of all upcoming competitions, check out the Worts of Wisdoms’ calendar: http://www.wortsofwisdom.org/calendar/upcoming-homebrewers-competitions/
The seven brews we had:
|1||Kevin S||No Name Lager||American Lager||21.5||6%|
|2||Derek W||So It Goes||Dortmunder ish||20||4.7%%||Pre-prohibition recipe: Dortmunder lager with coffee in the mash.https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/1192325/kurt-s-mile-high-malt|
|3||Kevin S||Happy Trails||Amber Ale||35||5.50%|
|4||Sebastian||Hoppy French Saison||Saison||37||5.20%||The Mad Fermentationist recipe|
|5||Mikael||Freshishs Ciquado||West Coast IPA||81||7||Citra Equinox & some El Dorado|
|6||Dan R||Gordon Strong recipe||Belgian Dark Strong||24||10|
|7||Robert R.||Brewed Under a Bad Sign||Imperial Stout||85-86||10.20%||Worst brew day ever|